Company description:HRO Digital is a specialist traditional recruitment business. HRO Digital is a brand of Verita HR Polska.
Verita HR Polska is a Human Resources service provider operating under number 5694.
We are working as a recruitment provider searching on our Client's behalf for a person in the following role:
DB2 Database Administrator
Responsibilities:Do you want to work for one of the world’s largest global banks? Want to be part its exciting digital transformation? Do you want to engineer incredible products for millions of customers?
Well, our Client offers just that ☺︎ It's a leader in digital transformation of banking services and Cracow is one of the most important technological centers - majority of projects are delivered from Poland ☺︎
As part of Enterprise Platform Services, we securely manage and uphold infrastructure services for both internal and external customers, ensuring compliance with industry standards. This encompasses a wide range of technologies, including Mainframe, UNIX, Linux servers, Windows, storage, backup and recovery solutions, as well as Java application servers, database hosting, and messaging services.
Our team is actively involved in vital initiatives, with the Service Change Lifecycle Programme being a prominent example. This program is geared towards enhancing collaboration and efficiency in our business interactions with you.
• Managing database utilities and housekeeping tasks, both scheduled and on-demand (e.g. Copy, Reorg, Runstats, Unload)
• Handling database recovery as needed
• Performance optimization and tuning, which includes optimizing SQL statements, suggesting modifications, creating or modifying indexes, recommending table reorganization and more
• Monitoring database object space
• Assisting customers with requests related to database physical objects
• Providing guidance to internal customers on database best practices, including object definitions and data manipulation
• Automating processes to streamline operations
• Addressing alerts, incidents, problems and fulfillment requests
• Proactively monitoring the production environment
• Supporting DB2 System Programmers in validating DB2/Tools following upgrades and patches
• Offering support for both DB2 zOS and DB2 LUW, including on-call responsibilities if needed (training available as needed)
Requirements:• Very good knowledge of DB2 z/OS on Mainframe
• Very good knowledge of database maintenance tasks like backup/restore, performance tuning, corresponding client software connections, z/OS to LUW crossloads, JCL, ISPF, IWS Scheduler
• Knowledge/experience working with collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence)
Nice to have:
• REXX, Broadcom CA Tools for utilities or Toad for database admin for DB2 on Mainframe
• Knowledge on DB2 LUW on RedHat Linux systems
• Knowledge of German language would be a plus
• Puppet, Ansible, Jira, Agile skills
The offer:➜ Exciting opportunity for a long-term position within one of the world's largest banks
➜ Competitive salary with a stable employment contract and annual bonus structure
➜ Benefits of fully remote work (Poland-based) and flexible working hours
➜ Access to cutting-edge IT technologies and exposure to the best solutions available in the market
➜ Guarantee that solution built will be wildly used and globally recognized, hopefully making customers happy by simplifying their interaction with a bank
➜ Personal development and growth prospects within the organization
➜ Ability to work in an environment where quality is put over quantity, where it is understood that technical excellence speeds up not delays delivery
➜ Friendly teams and people-focused attitude
➜ A place where you will be given space to take ownership and accountability for your work
➜ Private health and dental care (different options – from basic to VIP), multisport card, private life insurance, retirement pension plan, employee referral program, extra leave
➜ One off reimbursement for a workstation (up to 800 PLN), a share purchase matching plan
➜ Professional trainings and access to e-learning platforms like A Cloud Guru, LinkedIn leaning, Safari books; language / studies reimbursement scheme; funding technical certification and courses related to the job duties
➜ On-site medical consultations in the office, monthly childcare subsidy, charity initiatives
➜ Parking space for employees, relax room, game room, bicycle racks in the underground garage, integration events, family picnics, corporate sports team and many more
Our on-line recruitment process comprises of an online value assessment (10 minutes), followed by an initial phone screening and one conversation with hiring managers.