Company description:HRO Digital is a specialist traditional recruitment business. HRO Digital is a brand of Verita HR Polska. Verita HR Polska is a Human Resources service provider operating under number 5694. We are working as a recruitment provider searching on our Client's behalf for a person in the following role:
Senior Manager Execution Risk
Responsibilities:Risk Policy - Input towards the writing, cascade and maintenance of Execution Risk policy requirements and guidelines. Monitoring policy compliance and creation of operational risk education initiatives in response to learning needs.
Risk Taxonomy and Control Library - Input towards the design and ongoing enhancement of the Execution Risk Taxonomy and Control Library. Helping to define the key controls expected to mitigate risk. Provide guidance to the first line of defence on continuous monitoring expectations.
Oversight of Change Framework - Provide oversight, advice and guidance of the 1LOD Change Framework and associated ways of working (e.g. Body of Knowledge) through which the Risk policy requirements will be met. Conduct sample based reviews over the effectiveness of the defined Global Change metrics that oversee monitoring and adherence to framework.
Risk Appetite - Support setting Global Risk Appetite metrics for Execution Risk and oversee risk appetite monitoring at a Global level. Input towards risk appetite thresholds and the cascade of risk appetite into policies. Provide risk appetite related advice and guidance to the First Line of Defence.
RCA Execution - Recommend RCA scoping principles and challenge where this is not appropriately applied through look across reviews. Provide advice, review and challenge throughout the RCA process. Guide and challenge the First Line of Defence on management responses relating to Risk. Support the first line of defence with their execution of trigger event management. Undertake periodic reviews of the quality and consistency of Change Execution RCAs.
Reporting and Capital Management - Report on the Execution risk & control profile, including impacts of external environment changes, emerging risks and changes to the business strategy. Produce input to relevant operational risk reporting, including risk maps and top and emerging risk reports. Review and challenge 1LOD risk reporting where there are discrepancies or misalignments with Risk Steward produced/inputted reporting, and escalate where required. Support execution of Capital Management, Scenario Analysis and Stress Testing processes as required.
Requirements:- Strong NFR knowledge and expertise to confidently engage with a variety of risk and change managers (across the Three Lines of Defence)
- Experience of delivery or oversight of transformation in a 1LOD or 2LOD capacity
- Experience in dealing with complex problems by adopting a pragmatic approach, identifying and prioritising core requirements and translating them into a clear set of required activities that address the problem essential
- Knowledge of the major areas of a Global Bank that can span retail, commercial or investment banking products and processes with a strong understanding of the risk characteristics / profile of key products and channels
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills to be able to identify and present complex issues and build relationships with key internal & external stakeholders and be able to challenge and influence their decisions
- Excellent written communication skills to develop compelling and logically structured presentations and papers that are thoughtful, clear and concise
- Excellent analytical skills; comfortable interrogating data; able to review and evaluate a wide array of materials leading to key insights and robust evidence that form the basis of a logical judgment / set of recommendations
- At ease with ambiguity, uncertainty and a changing environment. Not afraid to change the status quo to deliver the best outcomes
- Business fluency in English
- A BA or BS University Degree, advanced degrees preferable, (e.g. MBA, MSc, PhD) in relevant discipline
The offer:- Interesting career path in an international organization
- Language / Studies Reimbursement Scheme
- Professional trainings
- An environment where you will be given space to take ownership and accountability for your work
- A team of professionals that will help you develop & succeed
- Employees’ benefits: private medical and dental health care, Multisport Card, life insurance